Dmytro AleshkoSpecializations: Pharmaceutical Regulation, Corporate and Commercial , Policy Making, Investments / PPP
Managing partner, Attorney-at-law
Dmytro is founding partner of Legal Alliance law firm and head of pharmaceutical regulation and policy making practices. Major professional background out of 25+ years of his work history made up over the course of Ukrainian healthcare system transformation. In-depth knowledge of ongoing reforms, broad regulatory and policy making expertise, comprehensive experience of interaction with state and executive authorities compose his professional skill base.
Dmytro has a strong track record of legal work and is highly regarded for his competence in public procurement, reimbursement, health technology assessment, managed entry agreements and pricing of medicines.
Legal Alliance's team, guided by Dmytro, provides legal support to global and local pharmaceutical companies on a variety of issues related to strategic and operational activities in Ukraine. Client portfolio of Dmytro is composed of major pharmaceutical corporations, including among others: Delta Medical, Dila, EVER Pharma, Ferring KRKA, Takeda.
Dmytro's professional activity is closely connected with the health care sector. He served as Head of the Legal Department of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Deputy Head of the Main Health Department for Legal and Personnel Issues of Kyiv City State Administration. He was an active member of the working group on health system reform in Kyiv City State Administration and a member of the working group of the State Service of Ukraine on Medicines and Drugs Control. Dmytro was a vice-president of the Association of Market Operators of Medical Devices and within cooperation with it he was engaged in the preparation of legislative amendments regulating the activity of manufacturers and distributors.
In view of the unique expertise, Dmytro participates in working groups on development of the legal framework for harmonization of Ukrainian legislation with the best European and world practices. For many years, Dmytro has been cooperating with international organizations dealing with health issues at the national and international levels, such as WHO, UNDP, USAID, and regularly contributes to the implementation of technical assistance projects as an expert and head of legal groups, in particular:
- led a team of consultants of the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) program on the implementation of the National Essential Medicines List, which provided for the preparation and approval of a dozen draft orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health;
- consulted on the development of policy in public procurement of medicines and medical devices by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine with the participation of international specialized organizations, namely UNDP, UNICEF;
- participated in drafting of the National policy on medicines in Ukraine in cooperation with WHO;
- headed a team of lawyers providing development and legal support for approval of by-laws, in particular, those necessary to improve legislation on health facilities, in cooperation with the Deloitte international company within implementation of the health reform in Ukraine;
- participated as an expert in development of the model of medicine reimbursement in Ukraine.
Since 2017, Dmytro has been leading the team of legal consultants of the project "Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians" (SAFEMed) aimed at strengthening public procurement of medicines and health commodities, pharmaceutical management and supply chain in line with the objectives of the healthcare reform implemented by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- The Best Lawyers™ in Ukraine 2022: named the Best Lawyers™ for 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" – Life Sciences Practice and recognized as a leading professional in corporate law for the 13th consecutive year and tax law.
- The LMG Life Sciences Awards: nominated as Licensing and Collaboration Lawyer of the Year 2021, Corporate Lawyer of the Year 2023, Regulatory Advisor of the Year 2023.
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2023: noted among key experts in commercial, corporate and M&A.
- Who's Who Legal 2023: recommended among leading lawyers in Ukraine in Life Sciences - Regulatory.
- Client Choice. Top 100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine – 2021: listed among the 100 best lawyers in the country according to the results of the survey of the quality of legal services and noted among the leaders in the area of medicine/pharmaceutics.
- Ukrainian Law Firms 2021. A Handbook for Foreign Clients: ranked number one among the leading lawyers in pharmaceuticals and healthcare, recommended in pharmaceutical regulatory and public procurement.
Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA). Member the Board (2007-2009)
Eurojuris International, сorporate membership
European Business Association (EBA), сorporate membership
Simferopol State University named after Frunze in the Crimea, Diploma in Law
Bogomolets National Medical University in Kyiv, Diploma in Pharmacy
Ukrainian, English, Russian