Dmytro AleshkoSpecializations: Pharmaceutical Regulatory, Policy Making
- Simferopol State University named after Frunze M.V. Legal Department.
- Bogomolets National Medical University.
Dmytro Aleshko has been practicing law since 1994. During these years he gained a significant experience in the legal regulation of healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical devices industry.
Mr. Aleshko’s professional life is closely related to the healthcare field. From 2003 to 2005 he was assigned to the position of Legal Department Head of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. During 2010-2012 he served as Deputy Head of the Main Healthcare Directorate of Kyiv City State Administration for legal and personnel matters.
In 2012-2014 Dmytro Aleshko occupied the position of Vice-President of the Association of Market Operators of Medical Devices. During these years he was actively involved into policy making for Ukrainian Laws, Cabinet of Ministers Resolutions regulating the medical devices’ market.
Mr. Aleshko was an active member of healthcare reformation working group in Kyiv of Kyiv City State Administration, and a member of medical devices working group of State Administration of Ukraine on Medicinal Products.
During last one and a half year Mr. Aleshko leads a project team that consults Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine concerning the implementation of National Essential Medicines List being developed on the basis of World Health Organization (WHO) legal framework (Today Cabinet of Ministers Decree and five Orders of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine are developed and approved).
Few years Mr. Aleshko acted as a Consultant to UNDP in Ukraine on policy development for state procurements of medicinal products and medical devices by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine with the participation of international specialized organizations.
- Supervision of project team of associates, apointed on development new draft of the Law of Ukraine “On Medicinal Products”, registered in the Parliament in February, 2015.
- Managing the project aimed at adapting Ukrainian legislation to the requirements of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (2013). According to the drafted and adopted bylaws in Ukraine the important prerequisites were created for the effective implementation of the Global Fund program. Patients suffering from AIDS and Tuberculosis gained the opportunity to receive medicinal treatment and social support from the Fund.
- Participation in draft development of Cabinet of Ministers Resolution №216 as of July 1, 2014, «On Approval of the List of Medical Devices Supplied and Imported to the Customs Territory of Ukraine and Subject to 7% Value Added Tax».
- Dmytro Aleshko is recognised in Corporate Law by The Best Lawyers™ in Ukraine 2020. It is for the 11th year in a row Dmytro has been selected by his peers for his work and deep expertise.
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2019 recommends Dmytro Aleshko among key experts in Commercial & Corporate.
- Client Choice. Top 100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine – 2018 notes Dmytro Aleshko among the leaders in the area of Medicine/Pharmaceutics.
- Ukrainian Law Firms 2018. A Handbook for Foreign Clients recommends Mr. Aleshko in Pharmaceutical Regulatory.
- LMG Life Sciences recommends Mr. Aleshko as subject matter expert in the field of Pharmaceutical Regulation.
- Dmytro Aleshko was awarded a Certificate of Merit in recognition of his significant contribution to healthcare improvement and high standards of professionalism.
- Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA). In 2007-2009 – UBA Board Member
- European Business Association
- Ukrainian, English, Russian