Legal Alliance Company top ranked in Ukraine by Legal500 EMEA 2019
Legal Alliance Company has been named among top law firms in Ukraine by the Legal500 Europe, Middle East & Asia 2019 edition, one of the most authoritative international rankings. Legal500 annual research is based on clients’ opinion and a detailed qualitative assessment of various factors, like: work conducted by law firm historically and over the past 12 months, experience and depth of the team, specialisms and ancillary services.
According to Legal500, Legal Alliance Company meets the criteria required by today's in-house counsel and business leaders in 5 practice areas: Competition, Corporate & Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Employment and White Collar Crime. In addition, the company achievements have been highlighted in the following way:
- Competition: Legal Alliance Company's work includes landmark cases and investigations in the pharmaceutical sector, notably regarding distribution contracts and marketing agreements with pharmacies.
- Corporate & Commercial: Legal Alliance Company handles corporate transactions, commercial matters, governance and regulatory issues, mainly for companies in the life sciences sector.
- Dispute Resolution: Legal Alliance Company has 'a high degree of skill and high ethical standards', inspires 'trust' and stands out for its 'integrity and professional conduct'.
- Employment: Legal Alliance Company handles employee relations, investigations and contentious matters.
- IP: Legal Alliance Company handles IP disputes as well as rights management and commercialisation projects. 'It has niche expertise in healthcare and pharmaceutics, and deep industry knowledge', remarks a client.
- White Collar Crime: Legal Alliance Company is developing its criminal practice, which focuses predominantly on white-collar crimes. The practice handles both internal investigations and litigation.
Also, the partners of the company were recognized in their specific practice areas:
Partner Dmytro Aleshko is recommended in Corporate & Commercial.
Partner Oleksii Bezhevets named key partner in Corporate & Commercial, mentioning his professional support of investor with its acquisition of a mining company.
Partner Illya Kostin mentioned for his dedication, outstanding commitment and leading client service in Dispute Resolution, IP, Employment and White Collar Crime.
Partner Andriy Gorbatenko noted in Competition for advising leading global pharmaceutical companies on antitrust compliance matters.
Associated partner Natalia Lavrenova is recommended in Dispute Resolution.
Counsel Taras Bezpalyy is recommended in White Collar Crime, in particular, for securing the return of a large sum to a client accused of tax evasion.