In Ukraine the State Strategy for Implementation of State Policy for Provision of Population with Medicines will be developed
In the near future it is expected that the State Strategy for Implementation of State Policy for Provision of Population with Medicines till 2025 (hereinafter – the State Strategy) will be adopted and measures to implement it will be approved.
The main tasks of the State Strategy are the following:
- Provision of proper selection of essential vital medicines to the National List of Essential Medicines;
- Ensuring affordability of medicines;
- Proper funding of the system of provision of population with medicines;
- Improvement of the medicines supply system;
- Improvement of state regulation and ensuring quality of medicines;
- Increase rational use of medicines;
- Increase investment attractiveness of the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine in the area of development and research of medicines.
Result of the tasks performance will be increased health indicators of the population, provision of the population of Ukraine with quality, effective and safe medicines, as well as their rational use. According to the draft, implementation of the State Strategy will start this year.
The document was developed with the participation of Legal Alliance Company within implementation of the project “Safe, affordable and effective medicines for Ukrainians” (SAFEMed).
Contact the author: Natalia Spivak senior associate at Legal Alliance Company, email@example.com.